Here’s a recipe for a lovely little treat, particularly good when you feel like something you really shouldn’t be having, this will satisfy your craving, without nasty ingredients.
It is also:
Dairy free, gluten free, egg free, can be nut free, vegan, sugar free, but definitely not taste free!
12 dates diced finely
¼- ½ cup coconut oil
3-4 tbsp raw cacao powder
Small handful goji berries
¼- ½ cup Puffed millet/quinoa
1 tbsp dried fruit of choice (blueberries, cranberries, diced apricots, etc)
1 tbsp coconut palm sugar
¼ cup desiccated coconut
2 tbsp chopped macadamia nuts
2 tbsp sunflower seeds
1 tbsp chopped pepitas
1 tbsp hemp seeds
1 dsp chia seeds
1. Mix all ingredients in a bowl except for coconut oil and cacao powder
2. Melt coconut oil and combine with cacao powder
3. Slowly add cacao mix into fruit and nut mix and stir well
4. Press mix into a dish or container lined with baking paper to make it around 3-5cm high. Press it in flat and sprinkle with desiccated coconut
5. Place in fridge or freezer to harden
6. Once hard, cut into 3-5cm squares and keep in the fridge or freezer to keep firm
Any mix of different nuts and seeds can be used to your liking.