Yeah I know it’s a mouthful to say, it’s also a great mouthful to eat!
It’s quick, it’s easy, it’s delicious.. The 3 things I love in a meal.
So here’s how to make it:
2 chicken breasts cut into strips
1/2 cup pepitas
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
2-3 teaspoons smoked paprika (this could be changed to any spice you like)
salt/pepper to taste
oil for shallow frying
- Combine pepitas and coconut and blend until breadcrumb consistency
- Mix paprika, salt and pepper into the pepita and coconut mix
- Whisk eggs into a shallow bowl for coating the chicken
- Coat the chicken in the egg, then in the pepita and coconut mix
- Place into a fry pan for shallow frying with your oil (about 7-10 minutes each side depending on chicken strip size) or could be oven baked
- Serve with a nice big salad, or even have the strips cold for a snack